Friday, December 14, 2007

A Night At MV Doulos

MV Doulos docks at South Harbor


The world’s largest floating bookshop MV Doulos docked last November 30, 2007 at the Gate 1, South Harbor, Manila Pier 13 for public viewing and sale of quality books from November 30–December 23, 2007.
It carries more than 500,000 books that are on sale at a very affordable prices. Over 6,000 titles cover a wide range of subjects such as science, education, cookery, technology, dictionaries, sports and children’s books, spiritual and some audio CDs.
The entrance fee is very affordable, only 10 pesos per head.

Last December 11 Nita called me and invited me to join them with Cabbie at MV Doulos. Nita was supposed to be the one who will bring the car but it's color coding, so offer my services to them. Glad to be at help. We took the opportunity to visit the ship since it will stayed up to Dec 23. I personally got curious with the type of books that the ship sells. I had no intention to buy, I just want to be look around but sadly we all had a BAGS of books. Good to know they accepts credit cards. Here's the book that I purchased plus the precious moments bible which I forgot to include it in the picture. The Bible was so cheap only 400 pesos and my total damage is just 1400 for all of these. I'm planning to give the illustrated Bible to someone but I ended keeping it. When Erwin saw it, he got impressed with the looks and of course the stories from the Bible. I love the art attack book. All of us grab one copy.


After the shopping and browsing of the books we are very hungry. Nita suggested where to eat. In Ermita at Al Ghazel.


Nita was the one who order the food. She ordered beef Kobedie with Beryani rice with matching a freshly squeeze Orange juice. It was so yummy. I didn't imagine I was able to ate the mountainous rice.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Digital Layouts